An awesome weekend away with great people aiming at transitioning your kite skills from the water safety across to the snow.
When is it?
1st or 2nd weekend of September – 2023 Dates TBC
What is it?
KR CLUB Annual Snowkiting weekend at Mt Hotham. This is a weekend aimed at:
1. Transitioning your kiteboarding skills safely from water to snow!
2. Having an awesome time on the mountain and bonding with a tight-knit small group of kiters with plenty in common!
Rough plan for the weekend (obviously depending on conditions)?
If you can score Friday off work join us for a fun day of freeriding on the slopes. Leaving 5:00 am.
For those that need to work, head down with the rest of the crew leaving at around 5:30 pm. If Saturday is your only option, make it an early leave.
*NOTE: Price does not change if come up on Saturday.
Where is it?
Mt Hotham, staying at Jalanga Ski Lodge right in the heart of it all!
Everyone! If you are passionate about kiteboarding and enjoy snowboarding/skiing – this trip is the chance for you to learn a new skill!
- – 2 nights accommodation (4-6 share room)
- – breakfast Saturday/Sunday, lunch (if at kite spot, not freeriding), dinner Saturday
- – heaps of fun and entertainment at the lodge
- – water to snow transition clinic Saturday morning at the lodge
- – on snow help and support for all kiting activities
- – organized carpooling if required. I would recommend chucking a ‘Snowy’ and taking Friday off to come up and hit the slopes.
Extra’s not included?
- – gate entry/parking
- – lift tickets (not required for main kiting location), depending on weather you may wish to get out there and mix it up however
- – dinner Friday night
What to bring?
- – kiting equipment
- – drinks
- – ‘Apres Ski’ Retro outfit for Saturday night party
- – Ski/Snowboard gear
What level do I need to be?
Intermediate skier or snowboarder (minimum complete a blue run without falling), and absolute minimum must be riding consistently upwind on a kite.