Private Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson at St Kilda Beach
Take your SUP adventure to the next level with our experienced SUP team here at the KR.
Private lessons are perfect for people who require more focused attention from their instructor. Whether you want to improve the skills you already have, increase your ability to cope in a wider number of environmental conditions, or fancy stepping away from a big group, private coaching will help you at whatever level of experience you have. Whatever your reason for private tuition, KR has experienced instructors that will help take your paddle boarding to the next level.
The Lesson will consist of 45 minutes of Instructing and 45 minutes of paddle practice.
This is the ideal amount of time to hone your skills, update your safety knowledge and have your instructor update and fine tune your skills. You then have time to practice, explore and enjoy some more paddling out on the Bay!
Meeting at 8 am on the beach side of St Kilda sea baths you will find our red paddle tent with quality boards of different sizes. Just a few steps away from a long sandy beach buzzing with people and cafes, the perfect place to spend a hot summer day! The water in Port Phillip Bay and around St Kilda is normally calm and not to wavy which makes it easy to paddle, both for beginners and all those flat water enthusiasts!
- Will i fall in? – Maybe, maybe not, that is entirely up to you and your balance!
- Do I have to be able to swim? – Yes, we expect you to be able to swim, you are responsible for your own safety when you rent a board.
- What should i bring? – Bring your bathing suit or your wetty if it’s chilly! We provide wetsuits free of charge is you don’t have your own! Since you will be exposed to the sun we suggest that you bring a cap and put on sunscreen. We appreciate if you bring your own life vest for young kids who cannot swim!
- Where do i put my valuables? – We can store your bag for you in our shop or at our beach locker.
- How do i keep track of time? – Bring a waterproof watch or a waterproof bag for your phone, that way you can also take pictures! Since you will never be far from the beach you can also ask people on land.
- Where can i shower afterwards? – There are beach showers close by where you can rinse of the salty water. We also have st kilda sea baths right next door where you can pay you way in for a hot shower and a locker.
Relaxed paddle session
We start with a short introduction in the sand, set all paddles right and talk about paddling techniques. Once we all hit the water the fun starts! Your instructor will guide you to find the balance, gain speed and practice turning. Together we explore our limits and make our way under the pier into a flatwater area with anchored sailboats and the St Kilda penguins. With some luck you might get to see them climb their way up on the pier around sunset. We finish the session with a cool down on the beach and a nice group picture to remember the day.
Prepare for your adventure by completing your waiver form in advance by clicking HERE.
To access directions on Google Maps, simply click HERE.
If a private lesson isn’t what you’re seeking, be sure to explore our other Stand Up Paddleboard events and services.