SUP Hire on St Kilda Beach
Explore the water on your own and rent Stand Up Paddleboards from our Red Paddle tent in front of Republica restaurant in St Kilda, or from the KR shop just through the courtyard. You don’t need any previous paddling experience to rent a board. We will provide you with a short introduction on land and make sure that your gear is set up right. If you want more support we recommend participating in a private or group lesson.
You can fill out the intended hire time on this page, however you don’t have to reserve your spot for the hire. You’re welcome to simply show up and we can get you on the water!
- Will I fall in? – Maybe, maybe not, that is entirely up to you and your balance!
- Do I have to be able to swim? – Yes, we expect you to be able to swim, you are responsible for your own safety when you rent a board.
- What should I bring? – Bring your bathing suit or your wetty if it’s chilly! We provide wetsuits free of charge is you don’t have your own! Since you will be exposed to the sun we suggest that you bring a cap and put on sunscreen. We appreciate if you bring your own life vest for young kids who cannot swim!
- Where do I put my valuables? – We can store your bag for you in our shop or at our beach locker.
- How do I keep track of time? – Bring a waterproof watch or a waterproof bag for your phone, that way you can also take pictures! Since you will never be far from the beach you can also ask people on land.
- Where can I shower afterwards? – There are beach showers close by where you can rinse of the salty water. We also have St Kilda sea baths right next door where you can pay you way in for a hot shower and a locker.
1 Hour – $25
2 Hour – $40
5 Hour Pack – $100
10 Hour Pack – $175
1 Day (Offsite) – $125
2 Day (Offsite) – $225
If this is your first time hiring from Kite Republic we recommend you save time by filling out the hire waiver online before you arrive.
The hire form can be filled out here: https://www.kiterepublic.com.au/equipment-hire-form/ (and then mention to us that you have already filled out the waiver when you arrive in the shop).
We also have a premium SUP hire fleet with rigid All-Round, Race, and Wave Stand Up Paddle boards. As we have limited options for the premium hire range it is best to ring the KR SUP Centre phone on 0416 960 632 and check what we have available prior to booking (rates for these boards depend on the model being hired).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 03 9537 0644 with your request!