Private Group Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson at St Kilda Beach
Group lessons are ideal for those who enjoy learning in a fun and social setting. Whether you’re looking to enhance your existing skills, gain confidence in various environmental conditions, or simply prefer a group dynamic, our group coaching is designed to cater to all experience levels. No matter your motivation for group instruction, KR has experienced instructors who will elevate your paddleboarding to new heights.
The Lesson will consist of 45 minutes of Instructing and 45 minutes of paddle practice.
This is the ideal amount of time to hone your skills, update your safety knowledge and have your instructor update and fine tune your skills. You then have time to practice, explore and enjoy some more paddling out on the Bay!
We’ll gather at the KR shop within the St. Kilda Sea Baths complex as our meeting point. You’ll find our shop just a short stroll away from a gorgeous sandy beach filled with people and delightful cafes – the ultimate spot to savor a sunny morning!
The waters of Port Phillip Bay and around St Kilda are typically tranquil, with small and gentle waves, making it an ideal setting for paddling. This calmness suits both beginners and seasoned flat water enthusiasts. Our stand-up paddleboarding classes are held in the morning when the water is at its calmest. As the afternoon approaches, the seabreeze winds can start to create choppy conditions.
- Will i fall in? – Maybe, maybe not, that is entirely up to you and your balance!
- Do I have to be able to swim? – Yes, we expect you to be able to swim, you are responsible for your own safety when you rent a board.
- What should i bring? – Bring your bathing suit or your wetty if it’s chilly! We provide wetsuits free of charge is you don’t have your own! Since you will be exposed to the sun we suggest that you bring a cap and put on sunscreen. We appreciate if you bring your own life vest for young kids who cannot swim!
- Where do i put my valuables? – We can store your bag for you in our shop or at our beach locker.
- How do i keep track of time? – Bring a waterproof watch or a waterproof bag for your phone, that way you can also take pictures! Since you will never be far from the beach you can also ask people on land.
- Where can i shower afterwards? – There are beach showers close by where you can rinse of the salty water. We also have st kilda sea baths right next door where you can pay you way in for a hot shower and a locker.
Relaxed paddle session
We start with a short introduction in the sand, set all paddles right and talk about paddling techniques. Once we all hit the water the fun starts! Your instructor will guide you to find the balance, gain speed and practice turning. Together we explore our limits and make our way under the pier into a flatwater area with anchored sailboats and the St Kilda penguins. With some luck you might get to see them climb their way up on the pier around sunset. We finish the session with a cool down on the beach and a nice group picture to remember the day.
Prepare for your adventure by completing your waiver form in advance by clicking HERE.
To access directions on Google Maps, simply click HERE.
If you don’t have your own group or this group lesson isn’t what you’re seeking, be sure to explore our other Stand Up Paddle Board events and services.