March 17th, 2020
By now I am sure everyone is aware of the news regarding the Noval Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact it continues to have across the world and in particular, now within Australia. As it stands there are 368 reported cases in Australia with Sydney mostly affected.
The health and safety of our customers and the general kiting community is our primary concern at this point and we are closely monitoring the World Health Organization and Australian Government Department of Health recommendations.
Our programming decisions will be based upon recommendations from health authorities and therefore will be updated from time to time as new information and recommendations take place.
Based on current recommendations, our programming will be as follows (Based on Health Authority Recommendations for participation below):
KR Current Programming:
- Shop Opening Hours
- Likely there will be small variation to normal. See KR website, Google or Facebook for updates.
- Kiteboarding Lessons
- Will currently remain unchanged
- IKO Instructor Training Courses
- Due to the requirements of long exposure at close proximity these will be pushed back to a May 20th Confirmation at or before May 1st
- KR Club Activities (Ride Days & Social Nights)
- Due to the group nature of these activities we will be pushing Ride Days back to a later date and cancelling Social Nights until we receive further updates. For those interested in progressing NOW… we are offering huge lesson discounts for those that were enrolled in upcoming Club Events
- KR Tours
- KR Tours will remain unchanged with further updates at or before May 1st
Remember… we are talking about activities that in general lend themselves to great deals of space and social distancing while out on the water. Provided we are not high fiving each other after every trick or organizing a big group get together there is no reason currently for us to not make the most of the conditions and get out there as per normal.
Looking forward to seeing you on the water very soon!
Chris, Cesar & the KR Team
Health Authority Recommendations for participation:
Please thoroughly read the below information regarding key recommendations and current participation in KR Programming:
- If you are feeling unwell, you should not attend the activity/ program.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus disease (COVID-19) stay at home (self-quarantine). If you are concerned, please call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
- The easiest way to protect yourself and participants is to pay attention to good hand hygiene and good respiratory hygiene.
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer (ie. Not a reusable towel shared with others).
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- You do not need to wear a facemask if you are well.
- Buying an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol and using regularly is recommended.
- For the virus to spread, extended close personal contact is most likely required. But visitors to locations where cases have been should be aware of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Close personal contact is at least 15 minutes face-to-face or more than 2 hours in the same room.
- If you are not in a group at risk group of contracting COVID-19, you should go about your daily life work or study as normal.
We are obviously not pretending to be experts in this area. We are however doing our best to stay informed and help raise awareness within our watersport community. For the latest information stay up to date by visiting https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus or http://www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/novel-coronavirus.htm