From all reports KR’s recent 2015, 2016 & 2017 Aitutaki Winter Escape were the most epic kiteboarding tour and progression periods that any of the tour goers had ever believed possible… 16.5 solid wind days out of 20 (8+ out of 10 per tour), daily clinics, unlimited water time with Ewan Jaspan (2015), Australia’s top freestyle rider and Chris Sal, Australia’s highest qualified instructor. Ridiculous progression is inevitable on the water!
Combine this with swimming with Humpback Whales, snorkelling with Giant Trevally, local fire dancing, a presentation at the local primary school, some outstanding parties and so much more! It’s no wonder the TOURS BOOKED OUT WAY IN ADVANCE!!!
Check out these great short clips from previous tours…
Visiting Aitutaki should be on everyone’s “must do” list. The lagoon is truly beautiful, with its turquoise waters, white sandy islets, the people naturally friendly and the culture timeless. All combined with EPIC Kitesurfing conditions, this world class holiday experience is awaiting you!
Quinton (local guide) & the KR team will be looking after you during your stay and coordinating daily trips to the outer kite spots, downwinders, beach lunches, cultural shows and a traditional cooked Umu. If the moon is right then an overnight stay on honeymoon island will be on the cards too! There will be daily kite clinics and constant support for every style of rider. From beginner to advanced tricks, tips and demos you will leave with a wealth of kiting knowledge and new skills. The trip is for a maximum 18 people so you will have a great chance to push each other and learn from others on tour as well.
Non kiting partner? No problem, you will be able to relax and experience everything this beautiful island and lagoon has to offer (and probably hear a little bit of kite chatter on the side lol).
Tour 1 – 18th July – 28th July 2018
Tour 2 – 28th July – 7th August 2018
10 day getaway in Aitutaki & 1 night stay in Rarotonga
$ 2350 pp AUD (twin share room)
$ 650 pp deposit to lock in spot
- Remaining amount due April 30th 2017
- Non sailor’s deduct -$300
- Early Bird Special if booking before November 1st $100 off tour price
– IKO daily clinics and on water progression tips & support
– Coordination of social events, dinners & non wind activities and games
– Accommodation at Inano Bungalows & Ranginuis Retreat (Twin Share)
– Overnight accommodation at Raratonga between flights
– Daily boat transfers to and from lagoon each day (expect 6/7 great days out of 10)
– Scooter hire, one per bungalow (2 people) to get yourself around the island
– Lunch daily for all on-island kiting days (not available for non-sailors as will be at kite spots- costs deducted)
– Kite Republic Tour T-shirt
– Airport Transfers
PACKAGE DOESN’T INCLUDE:
– Alcohol (depends how much of a fish you are.. all in NZ$ though!)
– Breakfast & dinner (bungalows fully self catered, restaurant prices vary, plenty of selection for every budget)
– Private lessons, however, can be arranged for a little extra cost
– Kiters of all levels & partners
– Anyone wanting to progress whilst on holidays
– People wanting to make friends for a lifetime
– Adventure seekers and non kiting partners
We are staying at Inano Beach Bungalows & Ranagnui’s Retreat. The bungalows are beachfront rustic & fully self catered; Bedding options are for twin share or double. What a perfect end to the day sitting on the balcony or waterfront beach chairs watching the sunset and shimmering turquoise lagoon, swaying palms and coconut trees next to you 🙂 If you would prefer private luxury accommodation, this can be arranged however you will be staying separately from the group and will incur any additional costs.
FLIGHTS & TRAVEL INSURANCE:
(Melbourne to Rarotonga return, Then Rarotonga to Aitutaki)
Flights are booked independently and are roughly $1300 and $1800 return. Flight times and details available on request, please ensure you are on the same flights as the group to help with organized transfers/accom.
Alternatively for your convenience to assist with coordinating your flight times and holiday insurance please contact:
Gabriella Fox @ Flight Centre St Kilda on firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: 03 9537 2866
We recommend you get Travel Insurance straight after booking the tour. This will cover you in case of cancellations or changes. Make sure your insurance covers you for Kiteboarding!
An Aitutaki Tourist visa is not required for Australian citizens. But you should check the validity of your passport (min six months from tour date) & check if your nationality requires a visa to enter the Cook Islands.
– Swimming with Whales, Deep sea fishing, Beach party UMU , Island Dance Show, Snorkelling, Scuba Diving and so much more
– Hang out with 18 other cool people FREE
THE LOCATION & WHAT TO TAKE:
In Aitutaki every wind direction is catered for at the main three kite spots. The water is warm, no wetsuit required. The wind varies from 10-25 knots in trade cycles of 5-8 days.
We recommend you take a quiver of 2x Kites, 1 x twin tip, harness, booties, boardshorts, pump, long sleeve rashie, suncream, first aid kit, hat & clothes for “hitting the town” for a night.
You are solely responsible for medical/accident/holiday insurance and costs.
There is a hospital on Aitutaki …they have the basics but no x-ray or ‘serious’ care facilities…….. major stuff gets airlifted to Raro or Auckland.
Take an empty water bottle with you and refill it to save cluttering Aitutaki with more plastic junk! Bottled and treated water is available on the island.
The following charges will apply for cancellations.
If canceling a booking, an administration fee of $150 will be retained
Up to 31 days prior to departure: NO REFUND
For more information contact the Kite Republic Shop on 03 9537 0644 or email email@example.com